Im back after a 4-day hiatus! Back with some soothing shake to cool off in this raging summer heat. Gosh, I cannot sit without the fan whirring in full speed already…and its just February end; I don’t even want to imagine what April and May, during peak summer will be like. God have some mercy on us!
Carrot Milkshake, a favourite at Amma’s, was a regular post-breakfast milkshake we treated ourselves to. Most often than not, when Amma got breakfast ready, either Daddy or me used to whip up this quick shake and stow away in the refrigerator, while it cooled for us as we sat eating our breakfast. Once breakfast was done, the milkshake would be just the right temperature and in it went too!
Gowri, this is dedicated to you because you have always loved this so much, especially during college day night-outs at my place.
- Carrots – 3 nos (large sized; cleaned and cooked/steamed till softly done)
- Sugar (optional) – to taste (I don’t add any since the carrots are usually sweet enough)
- Milk – 1/2 litre
Serves: 2-3 persons
- Allow the steamed carrots to cool.
- Blend in the mixer with just half a glass of milk and sugar (if using) to a smooth mixture at high-speed.
- Add the rest of the milk and give the mixture another whirr or two, at medium-speed (so that it doesn’t spew out of the mixer jar)
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Pour into tall goblets/glasses and serve chilled.
Isn’t the lovely peach colour of the milkshake such a refreshing shade? 🙂