Spinach/Palak is my most favourite among the greens. And why not, when it has so many health benefits. So don’t be surprised to see that there are a lot of recipes with spinach on the site. Remember I mentioned I always have spinach stocked up in my refrigerator? Yeah, I chose spinach over the other veggies today (though I had other veggies, unlike the other day). Aren’t pancakes a really quick fix for breakfast? Whip up the batter, pour them on the griddle to cook, and you’re ready to go in a matter of a few minutes! Pancakes per se, make those rush-hour mornings a lot more easy to deal with. So here’s another one to add to the collection.
Oh and btw, Cook-curry Nook has crossed 10,000 hits today, in just a little over 4 months of being on blogosphere! Im thrilled and tickled pink! Thank you all once again for being such avid and supportive readers! Do keep coming back for more and more…
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1 1/2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup (replace with water for a Vegan version)
- Barley (optional) – 2 tbsps (finely powdered)
- Flax seeds (optional) – 2 tbsps (roasted for 30 seconds in the microwave and powdered)
- Spinach/Palak – 2 clusters (washed well, cleaned and blanched)
- Green Chillies – 3 nos
- Cheddar Cheese (grated) – 1 tsp for every pancake
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp (alter to suit your taste)
- Salt – to taste
Serves: 2 persons (If you have a husband like mine), else 3 persons. The batter makes about 10 pancakes.
- Allow the blanched spinach to cool and puree with green chillies (without adding any water).
- Mix together all the ingredients (sans the cheese) and stir well to form a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes (if you can spare the time), else just prepare the pancakes right away.
- Using a deep ladle, pour the readied batter onto a tawa/griddle, into slightly thick pancakes (about 1/8th inch thick, like set dosas).
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cook on a low flame. No need to turn over. (I steam cooked mine to avoid using oil).
- Serve hot with ketchup. Tastes yummmmmmmmy!