Another quick-fix breakfast for rush-hour mornings! The mister and me loved it…Im sure you all will too!
- Rolled Oats – 1/2 cup (I used Quaker Oats)
- Whole Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Jowar flour – 1/2 cup
- Barley (coarsely powdered) – 1/4 cup
- Flax seeds – 2 tbsps (toasted for a minute in the microwave and finely powdered)
- Onions – 3-4 nos (medium sized; finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 4 nos (finely chopped)
- Coriander/Cilantro – a handful (finely chopped)
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 2 tbsps
- Curd – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
In addition to the above ingredients, you could also stir in 1/2 cup each, of ragi flour, urad flour and chiroti rava (the fine soji variety) for variations in your pancakes.
- Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the onions, green chillies, coriander, jeera, salt and mix well.
- Slowly stir in the curd and water. Blend/Stir well to form a smooth batter (without any lumps).
- Using a deep ladle, pour the readied batter onto a tawa/griddle, into slightly thick pancakes. Cook both sides on a medium flame. (I steam cooked my pancakes and hence dint use any oil…takes a little longer to get done, but its definitely worth it since it is absolutely healthy).
- Serve hot with choice of chutney. Tada! That was quick wasn’t it?!!😉
This one’s going to Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight – Wholesome Breakfast Event.
I hope the little ones like it Srivalli!