Yoohoo!! Christmas came early this year! Santa too! My best friend aka Santa, landed here from the US of A and gifted me two l’il chirpy yellow ramekins (in the picture) amongst all the other goodies she got for me and my kitchen. Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much G!! The blog will be glorified with pics of these ramekins hereafter! I loved photographing with the ramekins…a session I enjoyed to the hilt, and I look forward to many more photo-shoot sessions with them! Psst, to be honest, I dint know whether to focus (literally) on the food or the ramekin! Tee-hee! G(ee), thanks a million, for everything!!
I had G and her family over for lunch yesterday. Served them a very humble meal, this salad a part of it. And then, I had to inaugurate the brand-new ramekins too, didn’t I? 😉 Btw, the name for this salad comes from the fact that it has a fruit in addition to the veggies, and hence ‘Jugalbandhi Salad’.
- Moong Sprouts – 1 cup
- Onions – 2 nos (medium-sized; finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 nos (medium-sized; finely chopped)
- Pineapple – 1 cup of finely chopped pieces
- Coriander/Cilantro – a handful, finely chopped
- White pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh lime-juice/Amchur powder – 2 tsps
- Salt – to taste
- Throw in all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. If making ahead for a party, add the pepper, lime-juice/amchur powder and salt just before serving.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Needless to say, this is going to my event ‘Serve me Some…Salads‘ going on all this month. Another 10 days to go, so rush in your entries!