This is a super-duper refreshing salad you can put together like that, with a snap of your fingers. Snap! Heard that? Yeah, go check your refrigerator now, a magical genie put it together while you snapped your pretty fingers, and the salad is waiting for you!
- Macaroni (elbow or tube-shaped) – 2 cups
- Onions – 2 nos (medium-sized; finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 nos (medium-sized; finely chopped)
- Capsicum/Bell Pepper – 1 no (medium-sized; finely chopped)
- Mayonnaise – 5-6 tbsps
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsps
- Salt – 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp
- Oil – a few drops
- Water – 4-5 cups
- Cook the macaroni in the water. Add a few drops of oil and 1/2 tsp of salt and let it cook on a medium flame till it is softly done. Stir occasionally to ensure that the macaroni doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once done, transfer the macaroni to a colander and hold it under a running tap for 2 minutes, stirring gently to ensure all of the macaroni gets doused in cool water. Drain any excess water and set aside to cool.
- Once the macaroni is cooled, put it into a large bowl and throw in the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled as part of a full course meal. I can eat it all by itself, like a meal. Take your pick!
Needless to say, this is going to my event ‘Serve me Some…Salads‘ going on all this month.
P.S: Will post the round-up for the Juices, Shakes and Smoothies event soon. I’m not feeling too well and hence, not spending too much time on the computer. Hope to be back in action soon.