So what happened to the left over Potato Saagu? Since the hubby left for work in a hurry and I was left all alone with the saagu, I couldn’t finish it fully and whatever little of it was left, became a new kind of salad! Any potato based gravy tends to thicken, and by evening, the saagu had thickened considerably. So in it went into my salad the same evening. And what did half the salad become? I’ll leave you to guess that one, until tomorrow morning!
- Potato Saagu – 1 cup (If you don’t have any, just dice/mash some boiled potatoes and use them instead)
- Onions – 2 nos (medium-sized; finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2-3 nos (medium-sized; finely chopped)
- Coriander/Cilantro – couple of sprigs, finely chopped
- Lime juice – from 1/2 a lime
- Mayonnaise – 1-2 tbsps
- Tomato ketchup – 1-2 tbsps
- Salt – to taste (only if required)
- Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir well.
- Enjoy the creamy salad just as is, or with some sandwiches. (For another brilliant idea hang in there till tomorrow! ;))
This too, is going straight to Gomathy’s (Daisy Blue) ‘Left-over Delicacies‘ Event.