This is a new concoction I put together for our Ugadi lunch. I normally cook the corn kernels before adding to my salad, but this time I wanted to try something new. And since I realised the corn kernels were juicy and fresh, I thought I’d keep everything raw. Everyone loved it and this is sure gonna be a regular at home now on! You’ll love the refreshing taste and it can even make a meal by itself when you’re feeling lazy to fix you a proper meal 😉
- American sweet corn on the cob – 3 nos
- Onions – 2 nos (large-sized; finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 nos (large-sized; finely chopped)
- Spring Onions – 1/2 bunch; chopped
- Coriander/Cilantro – 1 handful; finely chopped
- Lime juice – from 1 lime
- Salt – to taste
- Hold the corn cobs vertically and shred the corn kernels away from the cob. (Sure, you could use the shelled corn kernels which are readily available in the market, only it wouldn’t taste just as fresh!)
- Transfer the corn kernels into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. If you are planning to make it ahead for a party, mix in everything except the salt and lime juice. Add them both just before serving to prevent the salad from getting soggy.
- Refrigerate, garnish with coriander and serve chilled. Scrummy and refreshing salad, all yours…a salad you could chill with!