I always have spinach stocked in my refrigerator and if im running short of any veggies, it is dear old spinach to the rescue. I needed to make some raitha yesterday morning and I quickly whipped this up since the vegetable tray had only spinach. Really easy-peasy! So the next time you have to make raitha, do try this for a variation from the regular cucumber-tomato-onion raita.
- Spinach – 1 bunch (cleaned and super finely chopped)
- Curd – 1/2 litre (whisked to a smooth texture)
- Red Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kala Namak – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cooking oil – 1 tsp
- In a non-stick wok, heat the oil and fry the super finely chopped spinach till it is cooked well and all the water content has evapourated .
- Once the spinach is cooked, combine all the ingredients mentioned, in a bowl and stir well. Voila! (told you it was easy-peasy!).
- Serve with any flavoured rice/pulao or even your favourite paranthas – good combo.
This one is off to ‘Think spice: Think Amchoor‘ hosted this month by Bhagyashri.