Lazy Saturday morning. I walk out of bed and realise it’s already morning. Grumpy morning at that. I was in no mood to be up (yet) and wanted to jump right back to bed, but well no, sometimes we cannot have our way because of some external factors like say: the maid, the road sweeper who comes to collect his monthly dues, the dhobi walla and any other walla or walli you can think of. Do all those wallas/wallis gain some sadistic pleasure in waking us up early on a weekend morning? I really am determined to de-mytify this sooner or later. And so, miffed beyond imagination by all the wallas and wallis, I thought the idea of going back to bed was a futile mission.
This was our breakfast today – the laziest breakfast I have ever dished up in recent times. The mister and me voted for boiled eggs, some fresh strawberries and marsh melons. But at the end of it all, I did feel a little guilty for being soooo lazy and chopped up some fresh veggies and tossed it along with the eggs to make a salad and I din’t feel so guilty after that!
- Eggs – 6-8 nos (boiled, shelled and diced) (Note: I’ve used only the whites. We don’t eat the yolks since its fattening. Feel free to use them if you like)
- Onions – 2 nos (medium sized; finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 4 nos (medium sized; finely chopped)
- Coriander/Cilantro – a handful, finely chopped (sorry, mine are all wilted 😦 )
- Chat powder – 1 tsp
- Kala Namak – 1 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- White pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lime juice – a dash
- Toss all the ingredients (except the eggs and coriander) together in a bowl.
- Once uniformly mixed, toss in the egg. Be gentle once you have added the egg as it may break into smaller pieces.
- Garnish with coriander/cilantro and serve.
This could also be served as part of a full course meal, along with other salads.