Yeah, you read it right. Instant, as long as you have frozen bananas waiting for you in the freezer. Im sure if you had a chance, you’d be asking me – “Huh? Ready frozen bananas? Are you gone bananas?” :P. Alright, jokes apart, this one’s really too easy to make-believe! You have to try it out to know what I’m talking about. My dear friend Gowri told me about this and urrrrrrged me to try it out. Im positive that if she was in Bangalore, she would have come home and made sure I put those bananas into the freezer! So as I was chatting with her this morning, in went the bananas into my freezer and I couldn’t wait to get home in the evening and make it right after dinner. Both of us loved this one G, thanks a million for sharing 😉
As you can very well see, my ice-cream was melting as I was taking the pics and I couldn’t wait to get a perfect shot and dig into my quick-fix dessert. It was beckoning to be gobbled up! Well, that’s my sad excuse for the poor picture. It really does no justice whatsoever, to the yummy-ness quotient! 😛
- Ripe Bananas (the big variety) – 4 nos
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- And some place in your freezer!
- Peel the bananas and cut into rings 1″ apart. Freeze for about 10-12 hours or till they harden. (I secretly thought even mashing and freezing them might help to grind easily later, but Im not sure if that would work. Feel free to try it out if you wish).
- Once hardened, remove from freezer and grind with just the wee bit of milk (as mentioned).
- Scoop into ice-cream bowls, top with chocolate sauce/chocolate vermicelli/chocolate chips (yeah, Im very very partial to chocolate as you can see) or choice of topping and dig in!! 😀
There, I couldn’t wait to rave about such a simple, yet yummy, quick-fix dessert! 😉 So ‘choo waiting for then? Go chop up some bananas and put them in the freezer for your treat! Go on, give in to those urges! 😉
I’m sending this over to Padmajha’s ‘No-cook Event‘. Hope you like it Padmajha!