I had some store-bought Coconut-milk sitting in my refrigerator for god-knows-how-long, and I finally made up my mind to use it up today. I know the original Piña colada calls for white rum, however I decided not to use it in mine. So here’s some Virgin Piña colada. Hope you all are having a nice ‘n merry holiday season! 🙂
- Pineapple – 1 no (large sized, cleaned)
- Milk – 250 ml (or) 1/4 litre
- Coconut Milk/Coconut Cream – 200 ml ( I used the one from ‘Dabur Hommade ‘)
- Sugar – to taste
- White Rum (optional) – 30 ml (for each glass to be served)
- Clean the pineapple and blend in the mixer with adequate sugar.
- Strain the juice and discard the fibrous pulp remaining in the strainer/filter. (I normally wouldn’t do this since I like to consume the fibre content in the fruit. However, in this case, we need a smooth puree of the pineapple for the drink).
- Now, blend in the rum (if using), milk and coconut milk with the filtered pineapple juice at high speed, for a few seconds.
- Pour into tall goblets, garnish with pineapple wedges on the side of the goblets, and serve chilled. Voila! 🙂
This one finds its way to Padmajha’s ‘No Cook’ Event.