Cook-curry Nook completed one month today! The response from everyone around me and other fellow bloggers has been overwhelming and really encouraging! Thanks everyone 😀
This morning, I dished up some healthy, protein-packed and easy-to-make breakfast. Thought I’ll put it up for you all to try out.
- Moong lentils – 2 cups (soak overnight; pressure cook till soft next morning)
- Green Chillies – 3 nos (slit into half)
- Grated coconut – 3 tbsps
- Lime juice – 2 tbsps
- Water – as required
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cooking Oil – 1/2 tsp
Serves: 2 persons.
- In a wok, heat the oil and make a tempering with the asafoetida, mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Once the mustard seeds have popped and the urad dal has turned golden brown, add the slit green chillies and fry for half a minute.
- Add the cooked moong lentils.
- Add some water to adjust the consistency. Cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes till it has the consistency of Pongal/Kichdi.
- Remove from flame, add the dash of lime juice. Stir well.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot!