The hubby and I were watching a movie yesterday evening, and we suddenly had the urge to snack on something but we dint really feel like gorging on any junk food. I suddenly remembered that I had some sprouted moong lentils in my refrigerator, and voila!…in 5 minutes, I had our healthy snack ready! 😀
- Sprouted Moong – 2 cups (uncooked)
- Onions – 2 nos (medium sized – finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 nos (medium sized – finely chopped)
- Cilantro – a fistful (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Kala Namak powder – 1/4th tsp
- Lime juice (from half of a large lime)
Serves: 3-4 persons
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and keep in the refrigerator for half hour.
- Serve chilled for a refreshing snack! It can also be served as a salad along with a full course meal. Go ahead, eat healthy!
I usually make this salad with raw, sprouted moong. I have even heard of some people cooking the sprouted moong before making the salad. However, I prefer the uncooked version any day…for that crunchy and refreshing taste! You could even try this with other lentils like chickpea (white channa/kabuli channa)…but unlike sprouted moong, chickpea has to be cooked first before adding to your salad.
This crunchy salad finds its way to Padmajha’s ‘No Cook’ Event. Thanks Padmajha, for having this one!