I finally made some time to bake, and what best to resume with after a long sabbatical, than something with Chocolate in it! It so appealed to the Chocoholic in me!! I decided to try my hand at some Chocolate Fudge Brownies. They turned out so yummy and I knew right then that this would be the first post on the site. So, here you go –
- Butter – 250 gms
- Dark Chocolate – 200 gms
- Powdered Sugar – 300 gms
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Maida – 160 gms
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Walnuts (finely chopped) – 50 gms
Makes: 26 square slices
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 deg C
- Line the base of a cake pan (10″ x 7″) with butter paper, or grease the base with butter and dust with maida or sugar till well coated and keep the dish aside.
- Beat the Eggs well till fluffy and keep aside.
- Powder Sugar and keep aside.
- Seive the flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Seive 2-3 times for better results.
- Cut the dark chocolate into small pieces and microwave with the butter for 1-2 minutes till the mixture melts into a brown liquid.
- Mix together, powdered sugar along with the butter and chocolate mixture and blend well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, stir in the chopped walnuts and blend the mixture well.
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased cake dish and lightly pat the dish on the floor to even out the cake mixture inside the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, till done. A toothpick test should give you a clean toothpick, and then voila! Yummylicious Brownies…all yours. Bon Appetit!