Just 3 ingredients. And what do you get in return for putting them together? Dreamy, airy, pink-a-luscious yumminess that’ll make you feel like you’re floating amidst clouds. Pink clouds. Pink clouds that have sweet succulent strawberries hanging from them.
I had the Shettys over for lunch yesterday. And by the Shettys, I mean bubbly Lataji and the charming Rajaji, who happen to be in India at the moment. They make such a wonderful and loving couple, it would only translate to cuteness. Thank you Lataji and Rajaji for coming over. Had a wonderful time with you both!
Here’s what I served them -
Welcome drink: Jal-jeera
Starter: Paneer-Aloo Kebab lollipops (recipe coming soon)
Main Course: Peas pulao, Dum Aloo, Onion-tomato-cucumber Raitha
Dessert: Strawberry Mousse
I know what you’re thinking. The menu is Indian and the dessert nowhere close to the zip code of Indian? But…but…who can resist strawberries in season?
Eggless Strawberry Mousse
(Recipe Source: Self)
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Comes together in: 10 minutes
Setting Time: 1 hour
Makes: 6 servings (in mousse glasses)
- Strawberries – 3 cups, hulled
- Icing Sugar – 3-4 tbsps (alter to suit your taste)
- Whipping Cream – 1 cup
- If strawberries are out of season, you could use 1/3 cup store-bought strawberry crush. If you’re going with crush, you might want to lose the icing sugar in the recipe since store-bought crush is already sweetened.
- Alter quantity of icing sugar depending on how sweet the strawberries you’re using are.
- If you wish, add a dash of lime juice to the puree and proceed (ie, if the berries are not too tart).
- Chill your beater blades (and bowl, if using a steel bowl) for atleast 1 hour in the freezer.
- Reserve a few good-looking strawberries for garnish and puree the rest.
- Whip the whipping cream and icing sugar together to soft-peak stage, about 4-5 minutes.
- Fold the whipping cream into the strawberry puree until fully incorporated.
- Spoon into tall mousse glasses and allow to set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with strawberries and a sprig of mint. Serve chilled.
See that texture of the mousse? It was perfect. Okay, I know the picture below isn’t that great. But you’re not judging me are you? We were in a hurry to dig in. Well, who wouldn’t be with this glass set right in front of them? Aren’t you tempted enough to go and make some for yourself too? Hah! Go make. Like right NOW.
Oh and before I go, here’s wishing all you wonderful women out there a terrific ‘Women’s Day’! Isn’t it just perfect that CCN is wishing you with a pink post?