I came across the original recipe on Ambika’s blog last week and ever since, have been so tempted to try these. I made a couple of changes to it and I had some yummy Double Chocolate Chip cookies to go with my chai this evening. I managed to give the mister a pleasant surprise when he got back home after a weary day at work. That million-watt smile on his face when I handed him the usual cuppa with the unexpected plate of these delicious cookies, was priceless!
- Whole Wheat flour – 2 1/4 cup (I used whole wheat flour to make it healthy. Feel free to replace with all purpose flour if you aren’t feeling too health conscious!)
- Cocoa powder – 2/3 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 1 cup (softened)
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Brown Sugar – 2/3 cup(packed)
- Pure Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 2 nos, large size (for the vegans, replace with 1 teaspoon of baking soda along with 1 tablespoon of white/apple-cider vinegar, for each egg to be replaced)
- Dark Chocolate chips – 2 cups
Yield: Makes roughly about 60 cookies.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C (350F).
- Sieve the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together about 2-3 times to ensure even mixing. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract till it forms a peak consistency (The mixture should form peaks on the top surface).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the sieved flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Using your hands, make small portions of the dough and form small balls.
- Slightly flatten them with your palms and place them on the cookie sheet/tray, leaving at least 2 inches gap between the cookies.
- Bake for 11 minutess or until the centers are set. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 mins, then remove to cool completely on wire racks.
- Enjoy the heavenly treat with a nice, hot cuppa in the evening, or just with a glass of chilled milk to go along with your breakfast…you know, like I call it that ‘Chocoholic Bliss’!!
I am sending these cookies over to Mahimaa’s Contribute Your Recipes Event – Cakes and Cookies.